Alt
Standard
Euros bei Stars - 21-10-2009, 16:55
(#1)
Benutzerbild von FooFighterBT
Since: Feb 2009
Habe gerade eben 2 1-2 Euro Tische zu Testzwecken gefunden. Bahnt sich da endlich etwas an? Weiß jemand etwas genaues?

Alt
Standard
21-10-2009, 16:57
(#2)
Benutzerbild von PackoTaylor
Since: Mar 2008
BronzeStar
Das ist im Moment nur Teil eines Beta-Tests,an dem man teilnehmen konnte.

so jz hab ich iwie keine ahnung wie man quiitchen schreibt,also schreib ich mal quitchen

Alt
Standard
21-10-2009, 16:57
(#3)
Benutzerbild von DRUNK&UGLY
Since: Jun 2008
Bald ermöglicht Stars seinen Kunden ja auch EUR Accounts zu führen. Dazu hat jetzt Alex vom Stars Management Stellung genommen und Fragen beantwortet.

1. There will be games in both Euro and US Dollars (Besides the significant demand for such games, Euro games are mandatory anyway due to licences we are acquiring in Europe).

2. Players will be able to hold balances in both Euro and US Dollars simultaneously, and convert money between those balances whenever they want.

3. When a player joins a table or tournament which is in Euro, and they don't have a Euro balance, the software will offer to open a Euro balance automatically, and move funds into it for you.

4. PokerStars will always use the mid-market rate for exchanges, provided by Reuters. We apply a margin (currently set to 0.1%) to this rate. Since this is a controversial point, I should state that this margin is to cover costs and prevent currency speculation, and is not a source of profit. We've chosen this method as we feel it's more transparent than recovering costs through additional rake or unfair exchange rates.

It's not appropriate for me to comment on other sites' activities, but I would encourage players to compare the cost of our system to those of our competitors in real-life situations before coming to a conclusion.

5. Rake and VPP schemes for Euro games have yet to be finalised, but will be maintained at a comparable level to USD games. We do NOT intend to charge more rake for players who play in Euro.

6. Players in Euro games will have the same benefits as those in USD games, including tournament leaderboards, deposit bonuses, etc.

Let me know if you have any more questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

1. Is there an ETA for the multiple currency program to be rolled out?

We won't release to the entire player base until we feel the feature is ready, so it's difficult to tell. We do, however, plan to start public beta testing with a much larger group of players in the next couple of weeks. The final release date depends on how well the public beta goes.

2. Will these fees be recorded in the cashier transaction history, and/or will we be able to request a summary at the end of the year (like you do with the playing history audit) for tax related purposes?

All currency conversion transactions appear in the playing history audit and cashier transaction history.

3. the comparison is fairly easy to do

cost at the other sites : 0

cost at pokerstars : 0.1%*(sum of the buy ins and reloads)

Not true. Everybody charges a margin (they have to, otherwise the cost and risk is simply too high). In our analysis at the beginning of this project we found some of our competitors were charging as much as 2.79% (which did not include the higher rake charged). You should compare the actual rate provided by the site against the current rate from Reuters, XE, or another reputable source.

Plus, our margin is charged only on conversions, not when you buy-in, rebuy, deposit or cash out. A smart player can manage their money to minimise currency conversions using our system, which is not necessarily the case elsewhere.

4. Your solution dont solve the problem which regular players have which is unstable USD and the fact many people dont want to keep money in that currency. Converting - even with 0.1% margin before and after playing is ofcourse outof question. I think you could combine both systems and when someone with just EURO bankroll wish to sit on USD table you just convert using "current rate"-wouldnt this work?

In our system there is no obligation to keep USD at all. However if you choose to play at USD tables you can convert some of your funds to USD before you play, then convert it back when you are ready.

Again, I encourage you to do the comparison suggested above. The idea that other sites do not charge a margin is a fallacy.

5. Could you give us more information on the licenses in europe ur going to acquire--i guess you are talking about french license.Will this mean pokerstars will have finally EU license and we could play finally tax free on .COM ? I'd appreciate any info or comments on this. I'm sure you know what i'm talking about.

It's no secret that we are hoping to be licensed in France in the near future, and we are already licensed in the Isle of Man and Italy. We hope other European countries will follow and the signs are positive.

Tax rules vary from place to place, and I'm really not qualified to give information about them. You should enquire with a properly-qualified local legal counsel about whether these licences make you exempt from tax on your winnings.

Alt
Standard
21-10-2009, 17:00
(#4)
Benutzerbild von Narloxon
Since: Nov 2007
Mir fallen auf die Schnelle keinen gravierenden Vorteile oder Nachteile ein, weshalb man ich jetzt auf Euro umsteigen sollte... Vor allem bei dem derzeitigen Kurs wäre es unangebracht, die Rolls auf Euro umzustellen oder?

Zitat:
Zitat von Mart83
Viele Leute fahren gut mit einem VPIP von 0%.

Alt
Standard
21-10-2009, 17:03
(#5)
Benutzerbild von DRUNK&UGLY
Since: Jun 2008
Sinkt der Dollar weiter, sinkt auch der €-Wert deiner Roll weiter.
Steigt der Dollar wieder, steigt auch der €-Wert deiner Roll wieder.
Hast du deine Roll in €, bleibt der €-Wert deiner Roll konstant.

Wenn du spekulieren möchtest oder dir der €-Wert deiner Roll egal ist, bleib bei Dollar.
Ist dir der €-Wert deiner Roll nicht egal oder/und du möchtest nicht spekulieren wechsel zu €.

Wann du deine Roll umstellst, bzw. zu welchem Kurs ist auch reine Spekulation.

Geändert von DRUNK&UGLY (21-10-2009 um 17:07 Uhr).

Alt
Standard
21-10-2009, 17:05
(#6)
Benutzerbild von Miles45
Zitat:
Zitat von Narloxon Beitrag anzeigen
Vor allem bei dem derzeitigen Kurs wäre es unangebracht, die Rolls auf Euro umzustellen oder?
bitte lern lesen...

Alt
Standard
21-10-2009, 17:06
(#7)
Benutzerbild von Narloxon
Zitat:
Zitat von Miles45 Beitrag anzeigen
bitte lern lesen...
what?

Zitat:
Zitat von Mart83
Viele Leute fahren gut mit einem VPIP von 0%.

Alt
Standard
21-10-2009, 17:08
(#8)
Gelöschter Benutzer
Ich persönlich sehe den Vorteil darin, dass man unabhänig von Kursschwankungen ist, jetzt mal abgesehen vom derzeitigen Stand. Außerdem lese ich Summen lieber in Euro als in Dollar, da ich mir davon auf die Schnelle ein besseres Bild machen kann.

Alt
Standard
21-10-2009, 17:08
(#9)
Benutzerbild von ENigMA313
Since: Jul 2008
Der einzige Nachteil,der mir jetzt so spontan einfällt, wären eventuelle Probleme mit der Trackersoftware. Die müsste dann auch auf Euro umgestellt werden können....

Alt
Standard
21-10-2009, 17:09
(#10)
Benutzerbild von RoninAQ
Since: Sep 2007
Der Vorteil liegt darin das man eben nicht auf die Dollarschwankungen achten muss.